Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Self-Congratulations


I was visiting Baines up in Portland so we took a drive up to Seattle. I'd never been up in the Space Needle, so we decided to check it out. It was actually a beautiful day by Seattle standards and we had a wonderful view of the Puget Sound--over our shoulder there is where they filmed part of Sleepless in Seattle. As with all great attractions, you exit through the gift shop. I was particularly taken by these hats:
I almost bought one. But I didn't think anybody else would understand the humor. You see, you ride an elevator to the top of the Space Needle. That's right, a hat that brags about your accomplishment of riding an elevator. Beautiful.

1 comment:

Paige Jennifer said...

Talk about setting the bar low. I hope you didn't sprain your finger pressing the Penthouse button. Maybe you should ice it? And listen, Kermit, next time don't forget to stretch.

(okay, I think I squeezed every last drop of sarcasm out of that one)